Monday, December 21, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Published date: October 6th, 2015
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, LGBT
Pages: 513
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 4.5*
Sinopsis:
Simon Snow is the worst chosen one who’s ever been chosen.
That’s what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he’s probably right.
Half the time, Simon can’t even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor’s avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there’s a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon’s face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it’s their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon’s infuriating nemesis didn’t even bother to show up.
Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story—but far, far more monsters.


Review:

I want to make this review as spoiler free as possible so I'm just pointing out some aspects that I loved.



Let's begin with why I didn't rate this book 5 stars. Well, the first chapters didn't quite get me hooked to the book (it doesn't mean I didn't liked them) and so for me it was a slow read but after a while the story started to make get so damn curious that I just couldn't let go of it. 


Rainbow Rowell does it once again. She wrote a damn well awesome book that thanks to it I'm having another existential crisis because of too many feelings brought by this amazing story.


Even though I read Fangirl during summer and had some idea of who Simon and Basilton (Baz) were, thanks to Cath's fanfiction, I loved them even more in this book. The thing that comes right away to mind if we speak of Baz is the moment that he appears in the book I started to smile so much and fangirl and he didn't even do anything! I was just so excited to get to know him even more and the other characters spoke so much of him that I just needed to read his POV or something where he was present at that moment.

I was so god damn curious to know how Rainbow Rowell developed Simon and Baz's romance and when everything started to get explained through the book I was like: ''OHHHHHH, this makes sense'', but I was mostly screaming, sobbing and fangirling in my mind although I spent most of this marvelous book smiling like a girl how's just fallen in love.


I'm so glad that I've read this book and got to be in the world of Mages once again but this time got to explore it and to see it throught the eyes of several characters. 

Everyone who wants to read Carry On should first read Fangirl to get the inicial glimpses at the world of Mages and then you can read this book.

Hope that everyone who reads it, loves it as much as I did.



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment