Wednesday, April 19, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Existential by Max Henry

Existential by Max Henry
Published date: 18th April, 2017
Format: Ebook
Published by: Self-Publishing
Rating: 4*
Synopsis:
How much suffering can a man withstand before he finally breaks? A question I used to ask myself often. Now I know the answer.

As president of the Fallen Aces MC Fort Worth chapter, I’m looked to for guidance in times of crisis. I’m expected to set personal grievances aside and lead by example. Yet how can I do that when those grievances robbed me of my family, my life? My reason to be at the head of the table?

My father: murdered. My baby sister: killed the same day. And my other sister? A mystery. I’m drowning in my desolation and yet nobody seems to care. Or maybe it’s the fact I won’t let them close enough to help? Either way, my losses are my own, and I’ll deal with them the only way I know how—by punishing myself.

I’ve got it all figured out, at least, I thought I did. Until one woman, a traveler passing by, unravels the master plan. I see it in her eyes, the same distance, the same feeling that she doesn’t belong—that her time here is wasted.

One woman who mirrors me in every way, and suddenly I find a reason to hold off the reaper a little longer. A reason to stay at the head of the table. A reason to show those who’ve hurt me that, although they brought the beast to its knees, I won’t lay down to die without a fight.



REVIEW:
This is the second Max Henry book that I read and once again she doesn't disappoint me. I freaking love her writing. She's able to grasp my attention right from the beginning so I give her extra point for that.

The too main characters are complete opposites but they're so right for each other that in their unhappiness and life difficulties they find peace and love withing each other. Their pull and chemistry is so darn good and even though they try to fight, the bigger that chemistry becomes.

This book is such an emotional roller coaster that my poor heart at some point didn't know how to even react because too many feels going around.

This book is a totally GAME ON, MUST READ.

I won't spoil a thing so just go read it.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment