Monday, April 3, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Year of the Scorpio (Part 2) by Stacy Gail


Year of the Scorpio (PART 2) by Stacy Gail
Published date: 17th February, 2017
Genres: Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Format: 
Ebook
Rating: 4*
Synopsis:


My name is Dash.

The Vitaliev
Bratva had always been a part of my life, but I was never a part of it. My father built it from the ground up, and while he never hid what the family business was, he never wanted my life to be tainted by it.

But my father forgot one thing.

I’m also a Vitaliev.

Everything I hold dear has been targeted since my father’s death—my business, my friends, and the peaceful world I’ve built for myself. But it wasn’t until the love of my life, Polo Scorpeone, was struck down by a sniper’s bullet that I realized being a Vitaliev isn’t a curse. It’s a strength.

I will face my hidden enemy with the Vitaliev fire of old, and I’ll do it with the most powerful lethal weapon Chicago’s underworld has ever known by my side.

Come to find out, the legendary Scorpio is hard to kill.



REVIEW:


Holy lord the first couple of chapters were so hard to read because they were extremely painful. Seeing Dash suffer the way she did just killed me and then BAM! Polo's here and holy molly those sexy times between the two of them.

The fire between them doesn't seem to be going down anytime soon.

This was also a book full of more action and juicy drama. The only thing that pissed the hell of out of me was the lack of communication between Dash and Polo. I mean, Polo was so blind with the need to protect Dash at any cost that he didn’t thought what was the best for Dash, he just made sure she was kept alive and thus making her suffer in a way.
Thank god that after some time Polo decided to hear Dash out and after that the book regained it’s fantastic pace and badassery.
Let’s just talk for a bit about Knives. Crazy doesn’t describe it because the guy has no brains and heart at all. This piece of sh*t was born after Nizhy died at age 15 basically which is heartbreakin
g because Dash lost her lovely brother and gained a maniac who was her brother only by blood because to her he was no longer anything important. Of course it hurt losing him in the end but the guy freaking wanted her dead and I think it was for the best that he died the way he did. Actually, that he died, it doesn’t matter how, just that he died and he won’t hurt anyone anymore because so many lives were lost thanks to this bastard, including my baby boy Konstantin. Still not over his death obviously.
I loved how in the end everything wraped up and we got to see Polo having a clean life like he wanted since he was a boy and after he gained his freedom from Boryshko. He’s happy and living next to the love of his life, Dash.
The cherry on top was obviously when Polo suggested that they name their son Konstantin, that me cry like a huge baby and I had a smile so huge on my face that I can’t even describe the stupid expression that I had.
Such an awesome book with badass characters, action packed, juicy drama and a lot of sexy times.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment