Friday, January 26, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: Eternal Darkness by J. F. Johns

Eternal Darkness by J. F. Johns
Published date: 11 January, 2016
Published by: JFJohns
Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction, Young Adult 
Pages: 342
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5*
Synopsis:
The world is divided between humans and cyborgs. 
Scarlet Lock is neither. 
She is a soldier created to kill on command. But her memory has been erased and when she awakens in a government facility she soon discovers that this new world is a dangerous place, full of government secrets and cruel experiments performed in the name of progress. 
With the help of a group of cyborgs, Scarlet will fight to uncover the truth and transform the future of the new world she now lives in. 
Eternal Darkness is full of suspense, action and romance and will make readers question what it means to be human.

REVIEW:

I think this was the hardest review to write because I still have no words to describe how much I LOVED this story. 
From page one until the last one I was impressed with what I was reading. Jazmin (J. F. Johns) has amazing writing skills and the way she wrote this, I could feel myself as if I was the main character, Scarlet Lock. 
I'm not into science fiction, cyborgs and all that jazz but oh boy did I LOVE this book!
A thing that I usually do when I read is to put some sticky tabs marking some parts that I quite enjoyed, some funny or inspirational quote. Well... The book looks like it was eaten up by a gazillion sticky tabs. I just fell in love with every single character in here and how each and every one interacted with each other.

Scarlet Lock is our main character and she doesn't remember the last 20 years of her life. Every time she gets a glimpse of her past I just crave for more. I want more memories, they helps to understand her, to see what she had to go through all those years since she's neither human nor cyborg. What is she? You ask. Ain't gonna spoil that! Pick you and book and go through all the feels I had to in order to learn her true nature.
With every memorie she recovered, the more I cared for Scarlet, the more I felt sorry for everything that it was done to her.
Who wouldn't feel lost if they couldn't remember part of their life? Everyone, duh. But Scarlet, even though she was feeling like part of her was missing, even though she was somehow disoriented, she was determined to find out about her, about what was done to her. 
''My name is Scarlet Lock, I was born with this name and i shall die with it.''
This was absolutely one of my favorite quotes by Scarlet and I won't freaking forget it because it just shows that no matter what no one can take away her real identity. Try messing with her and she'll just fire back ten times more.

But now it's time to talk about my baby, Eric Thorn. Just the name is enough to melt my heart and break the rest of my body into tiny pieces that could be easily picked up by the wind. This boy is just complete perfection, book-boyfriend material obviously. If someone says that he's otherwise... I will find you and I will rip your organs out and feed them to the hounds. Eric is totally full of himself BUT he's just the sweetest person ever. Yes, he has a messed up past and an even messier present but he doesn't hide who he was and is. Some feelings he keeps them to himself but he still shows what he truly feels do Scarlet. He's always there for here even if he thinks that she doesn't feel the same (dumbass, of course she likes you, idiot). 
Every time Eric opens is mouth is to say some snarky retort or to say the most beautiful thing ever. Either I was laughing my lungs or I was crying my eyes out. This boy breaks me, I'm telling you, he destroys me.

There are a lot more characters that I want to talk about but if I do so I won't stop writing and then this would be a novella about what I thought of every single little aspect of the book and I ain't got time to write a book. 
But be sure that I freaking loved this. I know I've said that already but hey, I'm just trying to make you guys sure that this story is brilliant, the writing amazing and I need the others books as soon as possible or else I'll die in a pile of tears because the ending of this book just made my soul cease to exist. 

Good luck with surviving this book because it's a ride. But the best ride ever. Your mind will just enter this world so easily that you'll like you're living all of that, as if you actually know that universe, as if what is happening is happening around you. That is what I want a book to do to me... To transport me into another world and Jazmin had and has that power and for that I congratulate her because she deserves that recognition.
Also, I'm going to thank her once again for sending me the book and giving me opportunity to enjoy such an amazing story.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment