Tuesday, January 2, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: Mistress of the Vampire by Elena Darkmoon

Mistress of the Vampire by Elena Darkmoon
Published date: 21 December, 2017
Genres: Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 259
Format: Ebook
Rating: 3.5*
Synopsis:
He had a hungry look in his eyes. He had been searching, seeking, until he found me. I was burning under his gaze, I wanted to rip my clothes off, I wanted to run away. Who was this beautiful man and what did he want from me? 

Magnus Redman became my boss and my lover. I was young, innocent and inexperienced, the opposite of him, and he knew just how to penetrate the soft core of my mind until all I could think about was him. Our passion was intense, crazy, sexy, white hot and dangerous, just like him. I craved him like a drug, his hands, his body, his teeth…… 

But then hidden secrets and painful revelations from the past threatened to tear us apart. And we found ourselves battling a powerful force hell-bent on revenge and destruction. How much would we be willing to sacrifice to save the ones that we love? 
REVIEW:
First thing I must say is that this story has so much potential and I want more and more of our characters.
Our two main characters, Lena Stone and Magnus Redman, have a deep connection and even though one's a vampire and the other a human (or more) and they shouldn't be together, they can't. It's as if their souls are intertwined and nothing will be able to tear them apart. No obstacle is capable of breaking them.

Magnus is a mysterious man while Lena doesn't know the mystery behind her family's true story, true past, their origin. Both love each other fiercely but Magnus always puts Lena's safety in first making it difficult for them to have a relationship. For him, knowing that Lena was okay and that no one would harm her, even him, was his priority and that made me love him so deeply. 

At the beginning I thought that Lena was just another helpless character that needed her lover to save. I was oh so damn wrong. Once Lena started to workout and to learn how to defend herself, to know her body and how much strength she could exert in an opponent, she was so darn badass. 
Even at when Magnus had just met Lena he thought of her as his equal but from page to page we get so a better and improved Lena and in Magnus' eyes she was the synonym of perfection, of a strong and independent woman. 

There were a couple of things I didn't like and that's why I didn't rate this book 4 or 5 stars. 
Some things were a bit confusing such as the chapters on another character that was connected to Magnus. In the end I understood it was done like that on purpose but I still got confused during my reading journey so I think those chapters could have been inserted in the book in a different way. Even so in the end the book was Wow. A lot of things were mind blowing because I wasn't expecting them.
I'll surely be waiting for more books from this author.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment